Select Campus Councils and Commissions
OED maintains information regarding:
- Common Advertising and Recruiting resources for Academic and Service Disciplines
- Listings of
- Managed listserv to Higheredjobs.com and LatinosinHighered.com (job posting at no cost to the hiring unit) and other related links
The following resources can prove to be helpful supplements to other advertising and recruiting methods used by the search committee:
- Ads placed in professional journals, membership lists or vita bank services
- Departments and contacts at other universities offering relevant degrees
- Personal contacts to colleagues in the profession to solicit names of potential qualified candidates
- Internet resources, listservs, and/or e-mail lists
- Professional associations and conferences serving specific populations (ex. Women in Engineering or Association of Black Psychologists)
- The applicant pool from similar searches conducted by the department or other university departments recruiting similar types of positions
- Current employees
- Local and campus-based special interest commissions (Council on Interculturalism and Diversity, Commission for Women, Commission for Blacks, Commission for LGBT People, Exempt Staff Council, Employee Relations Committee, Center for International Education) as well as local community-based agencies (Knoxville Area Urban League, Community Action Agency, and Tennessee Workforce and Development, particularly the Veteran Administration unit).
See also: Search Procedures
The online Fact Book is made available to provide official information about the university including student demographics, enrollment, graduation data, faculty and staff demographics, financial data, and facilities. The data in this book reflect inclusive figures for the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, the Institute of Agriculture, and the Space Institute. If you need information not found in the Fact Book, please contact the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment at (865) 974-4373, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 915 Volunteer Blvd., Knoxville, TN 37996-4060.