Upper level searches include the following types of searches:
- Chancellor or Vice President
- Vice Chancellor
- Associate and Assistant Dean
- Department Head and Director when equivalent to administrative head of an academic unit
Upper level searches follow the procedures outlined in Sections 1 and 2 and include the following additional requirements:
- Membership of the search committee must be diverse, particularly in terms of gender and race.
- The following statement must be included within the general description of the announcement and advertisement sections:The Knoxville campus of the University of Tennessee is seeking candidates who have the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.
- Minutes must be kept for all upper level Search Committee meetings and submitted along with the Narrative Summary Form
- Unless waived, the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED) must be included as part of the interview itinerary for all on-campus interviews held.
In those situations where hiring units choose to use an external consulting firm to help with their recruiting efforts, such firms must be apprised of OED search procedures and requirements. The hiring remains responsible for following the OED search process to include submission of a request to search form, narrative summary form, and request to make an Offer form that meet OED requirements.