The following information is provided to help the campus community comply with various federal regulations concerning required use of both our EEO/AA statement. Should questions arise, please contact the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED) at 974-2498.
EEO/AA Statement /Non-Discrimination
The full University of Tennessee Knoxville, Non-Discrimination Statement EEO/AA statement reads as follows:
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and admission without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, and parental status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. In accordance with the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the University of Tennessee affirmatively states that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, or disability in its education programs and activities, and this policy extends to employment by the university. Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, and national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), the ADA (disability), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity, 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996-3560, telephone 865-974-2498. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity.
Inclusion of this statement is required in the following:
- Position announcements (which are not paid advertisements) sent to potential referral sources and other institutions of higher education to solicit applications or nominations.
- Catalogs, application forms, posters and other material used in conjunction with the referral and/or recruitment of students, faculty or staff.
- Publications which contain general information and are made available to alumni/ae, faculty, staff, students or other participants in or beneficiaries of university programs.
Short EEO/AA/Non-Discrimination Statement
The UT Knoxville Campus EEO/AA/ Non-Discrimination Statement reads as follows:
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and admission without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, and parental status.
Inclusion of the short EEO/AA/Non-Discrimination Statement is required in, but NOT limited to, the following:
- Paid advertisements to solicit applications for faculty and staff positions of employment.
- Contracts for goods or services.
- Purchase orders.
- Brochures and newsletters.
Please note that in meeting the requirements of the federal regulations it is permissible to use reduced size print.